DIABETES CARE COURSE
in Diabetes Care
About Australian Diabetes Society (ADS)
A certified ISO 9001:2015 peak national medical and scientific body in Australia for diabetes. One of its mission is to provide excellence in education for health professionals. National Association of Diabetes Centres (NADC) is a division of ADS established to explore mechanisms and implement strategies for improving the standard of care for people with, or at risk of diabetes.
The National Diabetes Care Course is registered for 30 category 2 RACGP points.
Diabetes Care Course for Primary Care Physicians
KnowDiabetes is pleased to offer the online Diabetes Care Course for Primary Care Physicians developed by the Australian Diabetes Society (ADS) and their experts at National Association of Diabetes Centres (NADC) to primary care physicians in India and neighbouring countries.
On completion of the course participants will have received information to assist them to:
- Identify those at risk of developing diabetes.
- Discuss risk prevention strategies.
- Provide basic introductory education and information to people with diabetes.
- Provide information to people with diabetes about complication management and screening.
- Provide assistance with survival skills.
- Identify basic problems with diabetes care and appropriate referral pathways.
- Diabetes and technology (continuous glucose monitoring, insulin pumps, flash monitoring, apps and gadgets).
10 INTERACTIVE TUTORIALS
Clinical updates discussing treatment for diabetes
22 ONLINE CASE STUDIES
Video vignettes and multiple-choice questions
20 HOURS OF E-LEARNING
Increase the clinicians knowledge and confidence
- Online doctor registration
- Program login details
- Artwork for program promotion
- Program registration report
- Troubleshooting and support
- Reminder e-mails
- Certificate from University of Melbourne
- Completion report to Corporate
Total course duration: 6 months OR as agreed